Labels

Monday, August 6, 2012

Ralph Foy Park

Monday, August 6, 2012
My Cost: FREE!

3211 W Victory Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505

Ralph Foy Park was a last-minute decision - I passed it on our way to IKEA and decided we would try playing there after lunch. Unfortunately, it was a bit of a disappointment. There was not as much shade over the actual playground area as I'd hoped. In fact, the whole pirate ship-themed toddler area and all of the swings (Vivi's favorite part!) were just baking in the sun. They could use some of those sail shades over most of the playground because the trees don't cut it. And on top of that, almost the whole playground surface is sand. All that hot sand felt like hot coals to my flip-flopped feet, so we didn't play on the toys for long. On a cloudy day though, I'm sure it would be a fun playground.

I also take note of which playground toys have high areas that little kids can easily fall off of, and this one had quite a few, so watch out for that!




Vivi still had some energy to spend, so I let her run around barefoot in the grass, which was mostly all shady. She enjoyed herself, and her brother too!


But at last it was just too hot to stay any longer, so we headed home. All in all a fairly successful "mini" outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment