Labels

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Valley Plaza Branch Library

Thursday, August 16, 2012
My Cost: FREE!

12311 Vanowen Street
North Hollywood, CA 91605
www.lapl.org/branches/57.html

After we left Travel Town, (previous post,) I decided we might as well stop by the Valley Plaza Branch Library story and craft time, since it is so close to home. I wasn't sure if it would be a good fit for us because Vivi is only 18 months old, so a "craft" would probably be too hard for her, and she only pays attention to stories about half of the time. Plus, it was already 4:00, so I knew we would be late and probably miss the story, but there was a small chance that the craft would have been something Vivi was capable of. And at the very least I would get a look at the library, since we have never been there before.

It turned out we did miss story time, and the craft was too complicated, (making paper sack puppets,) but I was so glad that I got to see that children's section! Valley Plaza is now my number one favorite library (move over, Lake View Terrace.) 

The children's section is in a separate space from the rest of the library. It is a round room, and you can even see the round roof of the round room from outside. The wall on one side is lined with nine computers just for the Kid's Path, and the opposite side is lined with cushioned benches. There are lots of activity cubes and bead mazes, and they do a great job of decorating! At the moment they have star-covered paper lining the walls for an outer space theme.





I also noticed they have a lot of activities at this library:



I'm sure we'll be back. Especially since I shop at the Smart & Final around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment